As the school year winds down, many people are beginning to look onward to the next big event- college! College means a new room and more organization so here are the essentials:
This is an absolute must. This organizer is the perfect place to store journals, notebooks, and pens. This piece is essential to maintaining a well organized space.
Frisco desktop organizer
Disorganized desk drawers are so frustrating. There is nothing worse than organizing a drawer, closing it, and then reopening it only to find that all of the items inside have been jostled around. Invest in these beautiful bamboo drawer organizers and solve that problem!
Bamboo Drawer Organizers
3 Drawer Storage Cart
This piece is the perfect place to store clothing, toiletries, or shoes for your temporary residence. If you run out of room in your dresser, this storage cart can store the excess.
Target Storage Cart
Hanging Cube Organizer
Make the most of your closet space with this hanging organizer. Use storage cubes or simply place items onto the different shelves. This organizer is also a great place to store shoes.
Walmart Hanging Organizer
Buy an assortment of different bins to store clothes, towels, toiletries, or cosmetics. In order to stay organized, you will need to buy an assortment of different sizes and shapes to suit your individual needs.
Consider bringing or buying a jewelry organizer. This will help you to keep track of your expensive items in addition to maintaining an organized room.
Good luck and happy organizing:-)
As AP exams approach, half the battle of studying is being able to consistently focus. Follow these simple steps ensure that you get the most out of your study sessions:
- Lighting: make sure the lighting is bright enough to clearly see your materials but isn’t so bright that it is blinding. You can open your curtains to enjoy the sun, a natural source of Vitamin D.
- Noise: wear ear plugs if you are studying in a chaotic area. This will enable you to stay focused and not get distracted by passing people and events occurring around you.
- Schedule breaks: planning specific time periods to relax is a great way to reward and motivate yourself throughout your studies. Scheduled breaks will eliminate wasted time and keep you feeling refreshed.
- Make a to do list: crossing off tasks as you complete them will help you to feel accomplished as you go about studying. A list will also help you to budget your time as you are able to see all of the tasks that need to be completed.
- Healthy snacks: choose snacks that are high in protein and are low in in sodium and sugar. Sodium will make you thirsty while sugar will give a brief high and will ultimately cause you to crash and feel tired again.
- Sleep: make sure to get a good night’s rest prior to studying and sitting for the exam. Do not pull an all-nighter, your brain will not be able to fully function the next morning if you are exhausted.
As exams approach, stress quickly increases. It can become hard to function normally among the frenzy and anxiety that accompanies midterms; that is why it is important to set parameters to alleviate stress. I recommend utilizing some of the below methods to manage this stressful time!
- Make a Schedule:
- To ensure that you have adequate time to study for each exam, make a schedule to help you plan out studying. Give yourself at least a week of preparation before each exam.
- Set boundaries for study time. It isn’t healthy to study for hours on end without a break.
- Take Breaks:
- Go for a run or walk when you aren’t studying. Exercise releases endorphins which will improve your mood and take some of the pressure off of you!
- Set aside specific times for breaks. For example: After every hour of studying, you take a 15 minute break.
- Get Rid of Distractions:
- UNPLUG. Leave your phone downstairs or disable your social media accounts.
- Study in a clean and comfortable place.
- Steer clear of noisy and crowded areas when trying to study.
- DO NOT PROCRASTINATE. Procrastination is dangerous and anxiety inducing. It is better to get the important things over with so that you will be able to enjoy time not spent studying.
- Sleep Well and Often;
- It is important to sleep especially when trying to retain knowledge. REM sleep helps us to save information that we learned during the day.
- Sleeping is important for our health too; if you want to remain in good health it is imperative that you get an adequate amount of sleep each night.
- Quality ⍯ Quantity: Quality sleep is important. Unplug at least an hour before bed and make sure to wind down.
- Listen to music, light a candle, watch some Netflix, journal, or talk to a close friend or family member. Take some time to do something that you enjoy, you deserve it!