Packing for a trip can be a potentially stressful endeavor. However, if you address it in an organized manner, you will be able to save time, ensure that you pack all of your essentials, and remain focused.
First, write out a list of everything you will need for your trip. Keep this list organized and create sections for toiletries, clothes, food, and miscellaneous. When packing, a good tip is to roll your clothes- it is a great way to conserve space. In addition, things like cosmetic bags are perfect to keep toiletries orderly.
Next, find a suitcase with appropriate dimensions. The size will depend on how long your journey is expected to be. If you are flying to your destination, make sure that all of your items fulfill travel regulations. You may have to check your bags if you need to bring several large items or excessive amounts of liquids!
When flying, pack a carry-on bag with all of your essentials. Include things like charging cords, a change of clothes, a bathing suit, a few snacks, contacts/glasses, and necessary skin care products. This will ensure that even if your luggage is lost, you will be able to scrape by for at least a day.
In all cases, keep your suitcase organized and make use of the multiple pockets and compartments. Make sure to prepare for potential mishaps on the go, bring a magic eraser or stain removing stick to help you out in a pinch! Also, plan ahead and pack a few hangers if you are bringing dress clothes that could get rumpled or wrinkled.
Have safe travels and enjoy the ride and the destination!
As exams approach, stress quickly increases. It can become hard to function normally among the frenzy and anxiety that accompanies midterms; that is why it is important to set parameters to alleviate stress. I recommend utilizing some of the below methods to manage this stressful time!
- Make a Schedule:
- To ensure that you have adequate time to study for each exam, make a schedule to help you plan out studying. Give yourself at least a week of preparation before each exam.
- Set boundaries for study time. It isn’t healthy to study for hours on end without a break.
- Take Breaks:
- Go for a run or walk when you aren’t studying. Exercise releases endorphins which will improve your mood and take some of the pressure off of you!
- Set aside specific times for breaks. For example: After every hour of studying, you take a 15 minute break.
- Get Rid of Distractions:
- UNPLUG. Leave your phone downstairs or disable your social media accounts.
- Study in a clean and comfortable place.
- Steer clear of noisy and crowded areas when trying to study.
- DO NOT PROCRASTINATE. Procrastination is dangerous and anxiety inducing. It is better to get the important things over with so that you will be able to enjoy time not spent studying.
- Sleep Well and Often;
- It is important to sleep especially when trying to retain knowledge. REM sleep helps us to save information that we learned during the day.
- Sleeping is important for our health too; if you want to remain in good health it is imperative that you get an adequate amount of sleep each night.
- Quality ⍯ Quantity: Quality sleep is important. Unplug at least an hour before bed and make sure to wind down.
- Listen to music, light a candle, watch some Netflix, journal, or talk to a close friend or family member. Take some time to do something that you enjoy, you deserve it!
As our celebration for the birth of Jesus Christ (Christmas) quickly approaches, many relatives and friends are stumped with the same question year after year, “what should I buy for my wife/daughter/niece/friend/mother?” Today I have a simple algorithm for gift giving intended for the young adult or teenage women in your life. The solution is simple be practical. If the gift will not be used, there is no reason to buy it. Start by finding her interests and then pick a theme. It’s lame to get a gift card as the whole gift but they can be helpful to supplement and build upon a well thought out gift. I will now detail an ideal gift of about $100 that holds with the theme of accomplished and practical and is intended for a young woman. Start with the main item, this should be your largest and most expensive piece, if you play your cards right, the other components of the gift will often be able to fit within this gift. The main component for this gift is the Vera Bradley Trimmed Vera Traveler. It is a large travel tote with an attractive pattern; practical yet glamorous. Keeping with the theme, the next item is ZeroUV® Classic Half Frame Horned Rim Sunglasses. These sunglasses paired with a gray Nalgene Tritan Water Bottle will fill the standards for a practical gift. Finally, with the remaining money, perfume, like Cheerfully Pink by Tommy Hilfiger and a $10 giftcard to her favorite store or cafe can be purchased to perfect the gift. All that is left to do is present the fortunate young woman with the stylish bag, sunglasses, water bottle, perfume, and gift card that cost only about $100! A well thought gift doesn’t have to be an overly expensive one- your recipients will be pleasantly surprised by your thought and generosity while your bank account will remain happy and full.