As AP exams approach, half the battle of studying is being able to consistently focus. Follow these simple steps ensure that you get the most out of your study sessions:
- Lighting: make sure the lighting is bright enough to clearly see your materials but isn’t so bright that it is blinding. You can open your curtains to enjoy the sun, a natural source of Vitamin D.
- Noise: wear ear plugs if you are studying in a chaotic area. This will enable you to stay focused and not get distracted by passing people and events occurring around you.
- Schedule breaks: planning specific time periods to relax is a great way to reward and motivate yourself throughout your studies. Scheduled breaks will eliminate wasted time and keep you feeling refreshed.
- Make a to do list: crossing off tasks as you complete them will help you to feel accomplished as you go about studying. A list will also help you to budget your time as you are able to see all of the tasks that need to be completed.
- Healthy snacks: choose snacks that are high in protein and are low in in sodium and sugar. Sodium will make you thirsty while sugar will give a brief high and will ultimately cause you to crash and feel tired again.
- Sleep: make sure to get a good night’s rest prior to studying and sitting for the exam. Do not pull an all-nighter, your brain will not be able to fully function the next morning if you are exhausted.